There was a driver waiting to take us to our hotel. It was marvellous... such a pretty spot. Luckily there was nothing much to do there except eat, drink, pray, walk, watch dvds, play in the heated indoor pool, or sit by the outdoor pool. So that's what we did.
Kev in Ischia
Hele in Ischia
Ischia - view from our room
Ischia - reading by the pool
We were very relaxed after a few days, and only had to do a little bit of ESM work...so it was great. A driver took us to the ferry for the return to Naples. Again, a driver was waiting to take us back to the station. I think he like practicing his English because he was very chatty. When we told him that we had time to spare, he offered to take us on a driving tour of Naples....for a small fee of course. We agreed, because the best way to see Naples behind the safety of locked doors of a car.
Hele and a fancy building in Naples
Then we got the correct train back to Rome!
We still had a few days left of holidays at our place. The weather is starting to get really nice so we have been out and about.
One day I had a nice little trip around Rome on the back of my friend's motor scooter. Philip knows everything about Rome, so it was very informative.
The following week we went to Castel Gandolfo with the ESM, the local Emmanuel Community and parishioners from a local church where we will have a mission later in the year. Everyone took the bus together, but I went on the back of another friend's motor bike (a real one). Kev reckons I am becoming a biker chick. I agree. (The first friend is a consecrated brother and second is the chaplain of the ESM). I am fairly wild. Now Kev calls me, 'miss adventure'...or perhaps it is, 'misadventure', I'm not sure.
Papal Gardens at Castel Gandolfo
Good news....Summer is on the way! I went to the beach with Louisa on Sunday. The water was a tad cool, but so refreshing, and the sun was shining all day...beautiful!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment