Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Winter on the beach

Last Sunday Kev and I went to the beach at Santa Marinella, which is about one hour out of Rome. It was such a beautiful day - hard to believe that it is Winter.

We went for a walk along the beach and climbed the rocks, then went and had some lunch. Later I went back and sat on the sand, enjoying the warmth of the sun, when all of a sudden.....I could hear a group of people approaching from behind. Then I could hear laughter. Actually it was more like the sound of muffled giggles. AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggg. It was a group of the students! Of all the beaches in all the world, and they had to walk into mine!


Actually, it was great to see them. Kev got a suprise when he showed up and saw a bunch of people on the beach wearing ESM jackets. The students kept apologising for ruining our day off, but Kev and I assured them that it was fine.




Although it was quite warm, the water was freezing. Some of us were brave and tough enough to put our feet in. I was so tempted to jump right in, but it would have been too painful. Myself and one of the students took delight in sticking our heads in the water though. It was great! After dunking my head the first time, I looked up to find that ALL the people on the beach were staring at me in shock/horror/disgust. They were in their winter coats as if they were at the snow in a blizzard.



It was such a relaxing day. I can't wait to go back again!

2 comments: