Thursday, February 24, 2011

Paray again

After only six weeks away, Kev and I were back in Paray Le Monial.

We got there on Sunday 13th February. First we had a meeting with the other Directors of the ESMs in Paray and Altotting. Then the three ESMs of Europe had a retreat together. Then they were joined by about 1300 other youngies for a Youth Forum - prayer, talks, fun times!

Here is a presentation that our students gave about life at the ESM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj-QzvzULus They created it all by themselves in about one week. It was very well received. What a clever bunch of kids we have!

The journey home was....fun. We woke up on Monday morning at 2am. We had a quick breakfast then packed the mini-vans. At about 3am students from the ESM Paray drove us to the airport in Lyon. It was a two hour drive. I had hoped to sleep, but it didn't happen. Instead I engaged in the strangest conversation of all time. We were all a little 'off the planet', and I can't even remember what we were talking about...but it was a lot of fun. Our flight left at 7am, and we were back at the Domus at about 11am.

Needless to say, we were exhausted. I didn't manage a siesta, but stayed up until about 10pm. I am still catching up.

2 comments:

  1. Helle!! I have discovered the best song ever!!

    Go to you tube and search for 'Felicita' by Al Bano and Romina Power... It is probbaly a classic in Italy but I only just heard it in a move about Lourdes of all things. I will learn the chorus and sing it with you in a few weeks! Nick hates it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! The music, the lyrics, the moves, the flick of the hair....it's all just too much. What a gem!

    ReplyDelete