Hele and Kev at Claire and Damian's house
We had planned to go to Lyon on Saturday morning and spend two days there. It is meant to be a really nice city, and we have only seen the airport and train station. Unfortunately we didn't know that Saturday was the first day of school holidays, so there were no trains or planes from Paris to Lyon on the day we needed. Luckily we were able to cancel our hotel reservation without incurring any fees, and luckily Claire and Damian said we could stay at their house for the weekend, even though they were going away.
So Kev and I had a lovely weekend in Paris. We wandered around the city.....
Kev in front of the Cathedral of Notre Dame
Then had a super lunch. I was so happy to find a place that had snails on the menu!
Mmmm yummy snails
Then I insisted that we walk around the Eiffel Tower at night, because I like all the funky lights. It was kinda pretty really. Good on 'em.
Kev in front of the Eiffel Tower
Hele and Kev blocking the view of the Eiffel Tower
The next day we caught the train to Paray le Monial. We had a Directors Meeting on the Monday. Then our students arrived on the Tuesday for a retreat with the other ESMs of Paray and Altotting. On the weekend, we were joined by about 1400 young people for the Winter Youth Forum. So, we were kept pretty busy.
We returned to Rome on Monday, stopping at Ars on the way. It was the first time that I had been there. It was nice, but apart from Cure of Ars stuff, nothing to do or see.
Basilica and Shrine of St. John Vianney
When we got back to Rome, I was feeling a bit crook. The following morning I felt terrible. I had a really bad cough - worse than I have ever had. I stayed home for four days. Then I decided to go to the doctor (which means waiting at the emergency part at the hospital). After four hours of tests and waiting and more tests, I found that I have bronchitis. After two weeks I am still coughing, but have managed to drag myself into work for a few hours here and there. Nearly half of the students are sick too, and now Kev has a cold. Please keep us in your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment