Saturday, October 16, 2010

Australia comes to Italy

We have been very excited in the last few weeks, awaiting the visit of our friends from Australia. Today we caught up with Mary and Keiron who came to the Domus for lunch. Mary was my boss back home, so it was nice to be able to catch up on all the news.

We had planned to meet at the obelisk at St Peter's Square at 11:45am so that I could take them back to the ESM (we were going to have lunch). I was running late but I thought it would be okay because we had a good place to meet up. When I arrived at St Peter's, I realised that no one could get access to the obelisk because the seating was being set up for the canonisation tomorrow. And there were heaps of people around too. I thought that it would be almost impossible to find them in the crowd, so I said a prayer to St Anthony, and there they were!

Mary and Keiron kindly brought over some wool (supplied by Clara) for me so that I could finish a scarf that I started knitting two years ago. They also brought over an Aussie footy! Both gifts are greatly appreciated.

Anyways, we had a nice lunch together with the students and then went downstairs to the bar of the Domus for a coffee and a chat. It was great to see them both.


Keiron, Hele, Mary, Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment