Tuesday, September 21, 2010

London, then a taste of Australia

In case any of you are wondering why we don't reply to emails very quickly, it's because we are sooooooooooooooooo busy. Let me give you a glimpse of what has been going on over here:

Last Wednesday I popped over to London to visit the parish where we will organise a mission for later in the year. While there I met with three schools and also gave a presentation to the parishioners about the ESM and parish missions. It all went really well! Unfortantely I had to return to Rome the next day so I couldn't stay for any of the festivities associated with the Papal visit. Actually, I missed my Kev, so it was good that I didn't stay.



Nice London street.....!

When I got back to Rome on Thursday night, I had to go straight to a meeting for the Directors of the three european ESMs. This continued the next day. Then on Saturday we had a meeting for the Emmanuel International Youth Team. This continued on Sunday as well.

I am pleased though, that Kev and I knicked-off before the end of Sunday mornings session, and got a lift with Fr Eric and Bernard to go to a house-warming BBQ at the Andersons. They have moved to a great house in Santa Marinella by the sea. You may remember that we have other friends Jackie and Conor and Finn who live in the same area.

It was great to experience a bit of Australia. Mark cooked the food on the bbq, Fr Eric blessed the house......



.... the kids tortured our friend Jill....



......the we walked down to the beach. It was wonderful - probably our last chance for the year.



Santa Marinella

Then yesterday and all this morning we have had a formation course for the Team members of the ESM Rome and ESM Altotting. It was run by Fr Markus who was the chaplain when I did the School seven years ago. It was great to see him again.

Now we are leaving for a retreat - relaxation and prayer.........


2 comments:

  1. I'm soo sad I missed the BBQ!! We have to have another one when we get there!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MISSED THE BEACH!!!!! only great bbq and fraternal time!!!! because I was working also in sunday....¿¿¿¿???? journalism life?????

    A big hug and let's do another bbq before winter time come more!!!!

    MTC

    ReplyDelete