During the day, we finished up last minute things and had lots of meetings with students who needed one last moment of guidance before going back out into the big-wide-world.
At night we had a specially yummy dinner. Then students provided entertainment...something they are extremely good at. One student, Christian from Australia, shared his gift of impersonating people. He was assisted by Anna, also from Australia. They would walk into the room while everyone had to guess who they were pretending to be. Kev and I were getting a bit nervous....then our turn came. It was hilarious. The impersonation was so funny because Christian pretended to be me, and Anna was Kev. I need to explain that Kev has been making jokes about my big bum this year. I have joined in and joked about it too. So, Christian wrapped a sheet around him like a skirt, with a huge pillow underneath to look like a massive butt. Anna walked in on her knees to make herself much shorter. Basically, they made Kev look super short, and me super fat. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
Kev (Anna) and Hele (Christian)
It was made even funnier by the reaction of the students and team who were in hysterics. I have never seen people laughing to much!
Reaction to the impersonation of the Wags
At the end of the evening, we went to the chapel for a short prayer. It was lovely but then lots of students started crying because the year was coming to an end. Although it was lovely, Kev and I didn't want it to end on a sad note. We were relieved when we went downstairs to find that the students were preparing to attack Fr Charlie with water bombs - probably to pay him back for teasing them all year.
We told Fr Charlie to come outside for a Team photo. Because he is so special, he suggested that we all stand up while he sits down. It was perfect. During the countdown for the photo, we slowly moved away. Then the students pelted him. It was wonderful.
Water attack on Charlie Chaplain (right)
In true form, he retaliated. I got a bit wet.
Hele and Fr Charlie
....then war broke out....
Fr Charlie and Kev
We had such a great time. Then we finally took some group photos. Nearly everyone is drenched.
ESM 2012-2013
ESM 2012-2013
The party ended at about 2am. It was a long day but great fun.
Kev and I had another wonderful year. The mission continues for another two months, but the students have gone. It is a bit sad for us. What a great experience that we will treasure for ever!






No comments:
Post a Comment