Thursday, January 17, 2013

Eight years of bliss

Kev and I celebrated our 8th Wedding Anniversary on 15th January. Kev took great delight in quoting our good friend John Canavan by telling everyone that, "You get more for murder in some countries!"...ha ha ha

It was such a lovely day. We had breakfast at the cafe next door (3.60 euro for 2 capuccini and 2 doughnuts!!!). Then we went to school and had morning prayer of praise and adoration with the students. I noticed that there were red hearts all over the place and I wasn't sure if it was for our benefit or not. After our prayer time, we went downstairs and realised that the kids had decorated most of the school.


The day continued to be very joyful. We all went to the Vatican for a tour of the Scavi. I have done this three times and I absolutely love it. It is a tour that goes through the excavations under St Peter's Basilica. The digging was only completed 70 years ago, and the findings analysed 20 years later....so it is extremely new....and it is fascinating. After this, we had planned to go out to lunch together. We both agreed that it would be nice to be with the kids. This ended up being a good idea, because they had made us some cakes (the first one was too small so they tried again).

Anniversary cakes (the pink icing was made by using blood oranges)

It was so nice to have so many people celebrate our anniversary with us. We have never had people show us how much they appreciate our marriage before. It was very touching. Such good kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment