Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Donna and the Concert

It would be putting it mildly to say that we don't get out much. I know we seem to be gallivanting around Europe, but when we are in Rome, our social life is not very....full. So I am very proud to say that we went to a concert the other night.

It all began about four years ago. When we heard that we would be living in Italy, Donna lent us a CD of an Italian pop singer (Cesare Cremonini). I really really liked it. Kev tolerated it without too much complaining. So, just before we left Australia, I asked Donna if she would come and visit us if Cesare were to give a concert in Rome. Donna doesn't remember anything about this, but I can assure you that she said yes.

A few months ago, I found that he was touring Italy. Needless to say, I invited Donna to come with me. I am extremely happy to say that, after initially saying no...not possible....that's crazy....she said yes!!!!

So last Tuesday, Kev, Donna, Lou and Alvise (my Italian teacher - also a fan) went to the concert. We were pleased to find that we weren't the only old people. Thankfully most of the people were young teenagers though which meant that they were quite short. So we could easily see over their heads and get a good view of the stage.

The concert was fantastic. Cesare is a good singer, pianist and performer. But the best thing about the whole night was watching Donna get into it. She was quite excited!

 Donna, modelling her new t-shrit. I believe that her husband is very pleased about the purchase!

Hele and Donna having a great time! 

Kev, unable to hide his excitement 

Cesare Cremonini 

The concert lasted two and half hours. It was so much fun. In Australia, it would be common to see a hot-dog stand outside the venue. In Italy, it was a guy selling doughnuts!

Typical after-concert snack.

We were very thankful to Alvise for driving us home afterwards, because the concert finished after the last train. We all had a great time. Even Kev liked it, although he said if would have been better if we were sitting down. I quite agree.I'll say it again, we are no spring chickens!

2 comments:

  1. It really was a fantastic night. Cesare was superb and sharing that night with you guys was the icing on the bombolini!
    Other great quips from the night included Kev saying it reminded him of being at a James Reyne concert (i.e. couldn't understand what was being sung) and Louisa saying she loved it...didn't understand a word but loved it! And who could forget the time we all held up our mobile 'phones and swayed to the music... Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ...the video won't play!??!?!!!!

    ReplyDelete