Monday, October 29, 2012

Lithuania

I went to Lithuania for a four days last week. Kristina was there to meet me at the airport. I was very blessed with beautiful weather, although it was a bit chilly. This was fine though because I had expected it to be freezing. Firstly, Kristina showed me where I would be staying for the night. It was in a |Jesuit Monastery....very nice indeed.

Kristina and Caterina infront of the Jesuit Monastery

I dropped my bag off, and then we had a walking tour of the city of Vilnius. It is so lovely. We went to lunch at a local restaurant - I had 'cepelinai' or 'zeppelin dumplings'...very nice. After that we had a meeting at Kristina's work to prepare for a mission which we will do next year. This lasted a few hours. Then Mass (in Lithuanian) and dinner and the walking tour continued.

The next day we did more mission preparation. We visited schools and universities and lots of churches and cafes.

Then in the afternoon we headed off to a retreat centre in the countryside. The retreat was for people who might be interested in the Emmanuel Community, as there are only two members in Lithuania . It was a lovely weekend.

Beautiful place for a retreat



The weekend finished on Sunday. I got a taxi to the airport and then headed back to Rome. After travelling for 6 hours it was nice to get back to the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment