Friday, July 27, 2012

Another year older

Yesterday was my birthday. It was also my twin brother Alex's birthday. We both turned 38.



I had a marvellous day. I was treated to breakfast in bed. Kev managed to sneak out and get some coffees and pastries from the cafe next door. He brought breaky in to me with some lovely prezzies. I got a toy dog, a real nice puzzle  of Venice, a massive slab of Lindt chocolate and another Bill Bryson book. Pretty good, huh?!!!



We went to Adoration for an hour at the chapel near our place, then went to work. We had a Skype call with my fam on mum's new Ipad. It was great (as always) to see my mum and dad and brothers and sis-in-law and three little nephews.

Then I did some work. It involved traipsing around Rome in the disgusting heat, but that's ok. I had to go to the Vatican to organise visas for next year's students. I was unsuccessful. But while I was so close, I decided to pop into St Peter's and pray in front of Bl John Paul II's tomb for ten minutes.

After work we went to Mass then dinner at a restaurant near our house. We were joined by some of our crazy friends.

 Me and Carly (and a prawn)

 Fr Eric, Simon, Marta, Carly and me

Fr Eric, Simon, Marta, Carly, me, Kev, Philip, Claire, Bernard

As usual, the food was good, the company was great, and the service was terrible. The gang got me some dvds: 'Mr Crocodile Dundee (this is the Italian version) and West Wing. I also got a noice scarf and some chocky.

It was a ripper day.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!! I thought of you a lot the other day when we were at Louisa's going away party - I was sad you weren't there, but I'm sure YOU are happy to have Louisa coming!

    ReplyDelete