I have created a new word that describes being in four places at the one time: quadlocation.
The weekend before last was extremely busy. If I went to everthing that I was supposed to attend, I would have needed to be in four places at once. There was an event in Rome for the Pontifical Council for the Laity. The ESM was asked to look after the music for all the liturgy. There was also a meeting for all the Province leaders of the Emmanuel Community in Europe, which took place in Vienna. I was supposed to discuss the youth of the Community at this meeting. At the same time, there was a Youth Leaders Formation Course in Altotting, Germany. It was also the first weekend of our mission in Dublin.
Kev took care of the event in Rome, and as it involved music, I wasn't really missed. It was suggested that I fly to Vienna on the Friday, to be ready for a meeting on Saturday morning. Then someone was going to drive me to Germany in the afternoon, before flying to Ireland on Sunday. I decided that this was a bit much.
So I flew to Germany on Friday morning and spent the weekend in Altotting. Although it was a very busy weekend (I was the MC for the event, and had lot of meetings), it was really great. I got to see a lot of the young people from the English-speaking countries, which is a part of my work that I don't get to do very often.
Altotting - getting ready for Christmas
I was so happy to see some of our students from last year. When I saw Kristina, she threw open her arms and yelled, 'mummy!!!'. It was very cute.

Hele, Kristina, Juan, Maria

Monika, Juan, Maria, Hele
Then on Sunday night, I flew to Dublin to meet the rest of the ESM for our first mission for the year. Needless to say, I was very tired.
The weekend before last was extremely busy. If I went to everthing that I was supposed to attend, I would have needed to be in four places at once. There was an event in Rome for the Pontifical Council for the Laity. The ESM was asked to look after the music for all the liturgy. There was also a meeting for all the Province leaders of the Emmanuel Community in Europe, which took place in Vienna. I was supposed to discuss the youth of the Community at this meeting. At the same time, there was a Youth Leaders Formation Course in Altotting, Germany. It was also the first weekend of our mission in Dublin.
Kev took care of the event in Rome, and as it involved music, I wasn't really missed. It was suggested that I fly to Vienna on the Friday, to be ready for a meeting on Saturday morning. Then someone was going to drive me to Germany in the afternoon, before flying to Ireland on Sunday. I decided that this was a bit much.
So I flew to Germany on Friday morning and spent the weekend in Altotting. Although it was a very busy weekend (I was the MC for the event, and had lot of meetings), it was really great. I got to see a lot of the young people from the English-speaking countries, which is a part of my work that I don't get to do very often.
Altotting - getting ready for Christmas
I was so happy to see some of our students from last year. When I saw Kristina, she threw open her arms and yelled, 'mummy!!!'. It was very cute.
Hele, Kristina, Juan, Maria
Monika, Juan, Maria, Hele
Then on Sunday night, I flew to Dublin to meet the rest of the ESM for our first mission for the year. Needless to say, I was very tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment