Saturday, August 27, 2011

Oxford


Well it is finally my turn to write on the blog. That's me in the photo above, looking fairly pleased with myself. The place behind me is Christ College in Oxford...which is apparently important if you like the Harry Potter movies. I was there for the purpose of going to a conference on Patristics. It is held there every four years, so I figured I might as well get there if I could while I was on the top side of the world. The conference coincided nicely with a meeting that had been organised by the Community, in Oxford, for the purpose of translating some songs from French to English. That meeting happened to be on the weekend previous to the conference, so it worked out quite nicely.




During the translation meeting I stayed at Catholic Chaplaincy, which is directly opposite Christ College. You can see that my room was quite palatial! During the conference I stayed with some friends (the Rodgers) at their place just outside of Oxford. All in all it was a good trip...but of course I missed Hele big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment