Anyways, The Andersons arrived at our place on Saturday morning with their five children, and we all headed to Termini station together. This was no small task - As I mentioned in the past, Rome is not really set up for pushers (strollers / baby carriers) so navigating around train stations with escalators is not easy. Also, we had a lot of luggage between us. Then by the time we found our train for Florence, we had trouble understanding what carriage we were supposed to get on. To cut an already long story short, we got on the wrong end of the train with about 7 seconds to spare. We had to lug all our luggage to the other end of the moving train with five children, a pusher, a baby's cot (crib) and all our luggage. We were very blessed to have a kind staff member who felt our pain and upgraded us to first class. The rest of the train trip was great!
In Florence, there was no one to meet us because of the situation with the wrong station. We got into two taxis and managed to get to the convent where the Andersons were staying. Then someone collected Kev and me and took us to the home of our host (member of the Emmanuel Community). The three of us arrived at the location for the Community Weekend at 4:30pm. It was great to catch up with people who I haven't seen in seven or eight years - Elena and Bepe, and Graziella. We received a very warm welcome. Including us and the Andersons, there were 11 Aussies, so they kindly interpreted talks for us and sang verses of each song in english. It reminded me of my old ESM days. The evening finished at 11pm. ARRRRRGGGG. The next day was short but sweet. It finished with lunch. After that a group of us hung around the beautiful city of Firenze. The weather was perfect and we had a great day.

The Wags and Andersons in front of the Ponte Vecchio
Can you spot the two discreet Aussies?
The trip home was a piece of cake!
You guys crack me up!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear it. We aim to please!!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, thanks for writing and making it look like someone is actually looking at our blog.
I'm looking too. Good summary of the return trip! :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm looking at your interblogs too! It's like going on an adventure, without the bombs
ReplyDeleteWe are soooooo polular! We have so many friends (if you include family)!!!
ReplyDeleteHmmm, I thought I wrote something on this, comment fairy ate it I guess,
ReplyDeleteWhat I said was "I didn't realize the Andersons went to Florence too - jealous!!!"
Hey Jackie, how did you put a photo at the top of your blog? I can't figure this blog-stuff out!
ReplyDelete